When you are the best at your game wear it with confidence! Do not be ashamed to be rising to the top. I speak to many professionals who worry too much about pleasing other people in the industry. More recent I have spoke to some business owners all around the U.S. who are newer businesses but have just as much ‘experience’ as many of the top professionals in the area. When you know what you’re doing, wear it with confidence.
Are you in a competitive market? Do you have an overwhelming amount of quality competition? How do you step up your game and see more money from it?
- Become the expert by sending out a press release about your business when you (have a giveaway, big announcement, open house, etc.) to publications, local news stations, wedding & event blogs, your previous clients, etc. Do this often with high quality content.
- Create a blog that you update with new posts at least once a week with vital information to your prospective clients.
- Go to networking meetings and opportunities in your industry.
- Offer your product or service to at least one (1) charitable organization a year. Remember to give back.
- If you feel that you’re NOT a great salesperson; take a workshop, online course, webinar series, follow a blog, etc.
- Go mobile; get a native app, join a guide that has a mobile app, and mobilize your website…NOW!
- Be ahead of the curve; always be researching your prospective client about where they hang out, what kind of phone they own, are they using a tablet, what is their income, etc.? Make sure you know how to utilize the information you collect.
When you step up your game be ready for others to follow. It’s the game of competition and you need to make sure you’re staying ahead of the game. In today’s fast paced world when you fall behind it can be detrimental to your business. When you see your business improve hold your head up high and don’t be ashamed.