Get ready. The task at hand is not easy. You are going to need to come out of your comfort zone in order to ask some of these questions. If you want to be the very best you can be, then you need to ask the tough questions that can be hard to hear the answers to in order to grow. Here is a list of 10 questions to start asking your clients and possible clients/customers. The questions start out easy and become more difficult towards the last few on the list.
- Why did you consider hiring my business when you first heard about my business?
- Do you like my business website, and did you find it HELPFUL?
- Did I meet your expectations or did I fall short? How could I serve you better?
- What did you “Google” in order to find businesses or information for your wedding?
- What is the one thing my business is doing absolutely right?
- Do you refer other companies to your friends and family or are you not the referral type?
- What do my competitors do better than what I do?
- Do my competitors have better websites, if yes, who?
- Do you refer people to my business? Really? If you don’t refer my business please tell me why.
- If you ran my business what is something you would do different?
If you choose to ask your client or potential client these questions over the phone or in person make sure you LISTEN and take notes. Do not argue with person, do not become defensive, and make sure your voice and tone stay neutral and open minded! You want these questions to work for you, make your business better, and help your listening and communication skills. Don’t let these questions give you high blood pressure, stress you out, or give you high anxiety! If these questions scare you then try asking just one or two and gradually increase as you become more comfortable with the process.